22nd March 2016
This year the theme for Fairtrade is the Big Fartrade Breakfast.
Food is vital for us all to be happy and healthy, sadly, too often the millions of people in poorer countries who grow our food don’t earn enough to have a happy and healthy lives themselves.
People everywhere have the power to change this show your support for the farmers and workers who grow our food.
We got behind the Big Fairtrade Breakfast to help them to get a fair deal, feed and look after their families and protect the environment too!
Wake up to the Big Breakfast – That’s exactly what we did at St. Mary’s.
FAIRTRADE FORTNIGHT ASSEMBLY
Our year 5 pupils presented an assembly through role play about the Tea Farmers in Kenya.
- Learners were able to find out about the choices they make about the foods we eat each morning and the farmers growing them.
- Gain an understanding of what Fairtrade is and how it aims to work.
- Reflect on the effects of climate change on the future of the food and drink we consume.
Breakfast Club woke up to the Big Fairtrade Breakfast by making some some delicious homemade Fairtrade Banana Muffins, which were enjoyed by our pupils. Together with some Fairtrade activities.
- What do you notice about where the countries are?
- Are there some countries which seem to produce more than others?
- Where does the Fairtrade produce you bought from the supermarket come from?
PUPILS' CAFÉ YEARS 5 & 6
We pray that those farmers can overcome the problems trapping them in poverty.
A huge thank you goes to our supporters. We are incredibly grateful for all their efforts in helping make this Fairtrade Fortnight a success through our learning and all the activities.
Remember Fairtrade is not just for a Fortnight.
Fairtrade Stall for pupils in Key Stage 1
Hello to all our supporters
To support this event, KS1 pupils are invited to visit the Fairtrade stall during break time to purchase some Fairtrade snacks.
Thursday 10th March 2016.
Cookies, Geobars and Fair break bar 40p each.
Fairtrade Pupil Café Years 5 & 6
To support this event, pupils from Years 5 and 6 are invited to attend our Pupil Café on
Friday 11th March 2016.
Hot Chocolate 60p, Cookies and Geobars 40p.
Please be aware if your child has any food allergies.
Thank you for your support.