16th May 2016
Assistant Head Teacher (with responsibility for Maths)
Starting date: 1st September 2016
Our governors are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, innovative Assistant Head teacher who is committed to the Catholic ethos of our community. The post involves a 0.6 teaching commitment and being the lead for maths across the school. However, within these terms, the role is open to discussion for the right candidate.
Our aim is for you to work collaboratively with our fantastic staff team in order to achieve our goal of outstanding progress for every child at St. Mary’s.
Our new AHT will be an experienced and talented teacher who thrives on working with others and must:
- Have the qualities and attributes needed to lead the whole school
- Be an outstanding teacher, with experience across the primary phase
- Have proven experience of raising standards for children
- Possess the ability to support colleagues to improve their practice still further
- Exude enthusiasm and energy while consistently demonstrating leadership behaviours, even when under pressure
- Have led significant improvement across the whole school and can prove the impact of this
- Be an excellent team player who sees the benefits of collaborative working
- Have experience of coaching, mentoring and facilitating adult learning
- Be able to manage and foster excellent relationships across the whole school community.
If you can say yes to everything on this list, then we would love to hear from you!
In return we can offer:
- Highly motivated learners who are enthusiastic and resilient, proud of their school community and supportive towards their peers
- A forward thinking and dynamic staff team
- A well-resourced school building
- A caring and positive working atmosphere inspired by our strong Catholic ethos (rated outstanding during our RE Inspection in April 2015) which is built on the school’s values of spirituality, love, respect and creativity.
- An ambitious school that will provide excellent career opportunities including the possibility of sharing expertise across the CAST academy group.
The Governors of St Mary’s are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all children and expect the staff to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS check and positive references. Please use the link below to access the application forms on the Catholic Education Service website:
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed:
Thursday 12th May - 4pm
Monday 16th May – 1pm
Wednesday 18th May - 4pm.
Closing Date: Midnight 22nd May 2016
Interviews: Thursday 26th May 2016