9th October 2017
Teaching Assistant - Level 2. Poole Grade D. £16781 - £17772 (pro rata), temporary until 31st August 2018
We are looking for an enthusiastic Teaching Assistant with experience of working with KS1 pupils. You will support teachers by supervising pupils during lesson and break times as well as participating in lesson activities when necessary.
Hours of work for this post will be:
- 15 hours (mornings only) Monday to Friday
This role will be term time plus 5 training days per year.
You will need to possess:
- School experience
- Excellent communication skills
- A commitment to supporting young people
- Ability to work on your own and to cooperate as a team player
- Have a flexible/ 'do what it takes' approach to work
- Have experience of delivering interventions eg. ELSA, First Class at Number or be willing to undertake training
In return we will offer:
- Friendly and supportive staff
- Excellent opportunities for continuing professional development; we are happy to offer the right candidate ELSA training
- Support from outside agencies
- The support and understanding of an Attachment Aware School
Visits to our school are welcomed, please contact Amanda Hazell, PA to Headteacher, telephone 01202 676207 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
St Mary’s Catholic Primary School (part of Plymouth CAST) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children in our care and expects all staff to share this commitment. These posts are subject to satisfactory references, medical clearance and an enhanced DBS check.