NQT from September
13th June 2019
The Governing Body of St Mary’s Catholic Primary School (part of Plymouth CAST) wish to appoint an outstanding teacher, to teach in KS2 from September 2019 for 1 year initially.
Applications are invited from NQTs, there will be a supportive induction and mentoring programme and you will be welcomed from day one. Candidates would be expected to be sympathetic to the Catholic ethos of the school and supportive of the school’s Mission Statement. The successful candidates will:
- Promote high standards of achievement and expectations of learning
- Be positive and have the energy, enthusiasm and the ability to be flexible
- Work well as part of a team in a friendly, happy school with a child centred ethos
- Be confident and competent using assessment to inform next steps and targets
- Be a strong communicator with children and adults
- Have high professional expectations for pupils and self
- Have a passion for learning, willing to learn and share good practice
In return we can offer:
- Children who are well-behaved, motivated, willing and excited to learn
- Friendly, welcoming and supportive Attachment Aware school
- Supportive leadership team who have a clear vision and passion for the school’s future development
- A hard-working and approachable staff team
- First class support of continuous professional development
- A stimulating, organised and increasingly innovative learning environment
- A dedicated governing body who share the school’s vision
We are looking for people who are genuinely interested in teaching and learning, with the desire to be an outstanding teacher, someone who wants the very best education for the students in their care.
Visits to the school are welcome, please contact the school office 01202 676207, asking for Amanda Hazell.
Closing date: Monday 17th June 2019
Interview date: Friday 21st June 2019
We welcome online applications although forms can be downloaded from our vacancies page.
If you require any further information please contact Mrs Hazell.
St Mary’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Rigorous checks will be made of the successful applicant’s background credentials, including Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks. St. Mary’s Catholic Primary School is committed to equal opportunities.