Teaching Assistant - L2
23rd September 2021
Teaching Assistant - Level 2
Required from: as soon as possible
Grade D £18531 - £19569 (pro rata)
We are seeking an enthusiastic Teaching Assistant with experience and/or enthusiasm and interest of working in a primary school setting.
Hours of work will be 26.66 Monday to Friday during our school day between the hours of 8.45 a.m. to 3.15 p.m, term time plus 5 training days.
You will need to possess the following:
• Superb communication skills whilst maintaining and acknowledging the need for confidentiality
• Be committed to the principles of equality of opportunity for all.
• The ability to develop an understanding of and provide for pupils’ specific personal needs to ensure a safe learning environment.
• Ability to work on your own AND to cooperate as a team player
• Have a committed flexible/ 'do what it takes' approach to work
• Be positive and passionate about working with children
• The skills to carry out intervention work with individual and small groups of children to provide additional support with reading, writing and maths
In return we will offer:
• Friendly and supportive staff
• Support from outside agencies
• The support and understanding of an Attachment Aware School
Visits to our school are normally welcomed, unfortunately we cannot offer this at present in order to protect our children and community but please browse our website to see how we operate or contact Amanda Hazell, PA to Headteacher, telephone 01202 676207 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
St Mary’s Catholic Primary School (part of Plymouth CAST) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children in our care and expects all staff to share this commitment. These posts are subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date: 3rd October 2021 Interview date: 8th October 2021