The Society of St Vincent de Paul has been engaging with young people and education since its earliest days and has developed a primary initiative- the 'Mini Vinnies' programme.
St Mary’s has its own ‘Mini Vinnie’ group which is made up of children from Years 3-6. Mini Vinnies introduces children to social justice issues and to living the faith through action as part of the St. Vincent de Paul Society.
Our Mini Vinnies meet up once a week to identify and help those in need within our school and local community.
- pray as part of each meeting
- undertake an achievable project that will make a difference in the lives of the poor, isolated or marginalised
- learn and develop into more socially aware and responsible adults
- fundraise for St Vincent de Paul
- visit the elderly (A teacher will always accompany a small group)
- help with the Christmas appeal
Our Mini Vinnies enjoy making a difference in this world.
Please have a look at the Mini Vinnies official website for further information.