Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Required from asap – Fixed term to 31/08/2023
NJC SCP 22-25 £22,473 - £24,645 (pro rata)
The Governors of St Mary’s Catholic Primary School are looking for an enthusiastic Higher Level Teaching Assistant with experience of working across the age range 4-11 years. You will need to be confident in the delivery of learning in the core subjects. Experience of working with EAL children would be a distinct advantage. You will be required to support teacher’s management time, PPA and absence as well as undertake classroom support work on occasions.
The hours of work will be Monday to Friday 8.30 a.m. to 3.30 p.m. term time plus 5 training days per year.
You will need to:
- Be able to support in the delivery of high quality learning experiences for all pupils.
- Have high expectations of learning and behavior and inspire and motivate our children.
- Be supportive, caring, nurturing and understanding.
- Seek to make learning exciting and a positive experience.
- Communicate well with parents, carers and members of staff, as well as our pupils.
- Work well as part of a team.
In return we can offer:
- Excellent professional development
- The support of committed, enthusiastic and dedicated colleagues
- A supportive Attachment Aware school
- Pupils who are eager to learn and a credit to the school
- Supportive parents
Visits to the school are welcome, please contact Amanda Hazell by phone 01202 676207 or by email: email@example.com
Please note that the application pack for this support staff position is on the vacancies page of the school website. We do not accept CVs as a method of application.
St Mary’s Catholic Primary (part of Plymouth CAST) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children in our care and expects all staff to share this commitment. We will offer the successful candidate continuing professional development. This post is subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date: 30th June 2022 Interview date: 5th July 2022
The Governors of St Mary’s Catholic Primary School are seeking to appoint a positive and inspiring teacher with experience in EYFS for September 1st 2022. They are keen to accommodate the best candidates who will make a positive impact on our school and standards. Leadership experience is desirable but not essential. We would be delighted to hear from you if you think you would enjoy contributing to our lovely school!
• A welcoming school with a strong Catholic ethos
• Children who are polite, happy and motivated to learn
• A supportive staff team who genuinely want the best for our pupils
• The positives of an Attachment Aware school
• A commitment to your own professional development
The successful candidate will:
• Be happy to support the Catholic ethos of our school
• Be committed to creating challenge, excitement, creativity and independence in learning
• Be dedicated to raising standards and be a good role model
• Have excellent organisational and communication skills
• Be dynamic, resilient and hard working with a positive nature
• Be able to work as part of a team and establish positive relationships with pupils, parents,
governors and staff
• Have a reflective and evaluative approach to their practice
Visits to the school are encouraged. To arrange a visit, please contact Amanda Hazell, Office Manager by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the school on 01202 676207.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS Disclosure is required for this post.
Closing Date: 1st July 2022 Interviews: 11th July 2022