1to1 Teaching Assistants
15th November 2021
Teaching Assistants - Level 2
Required as soon as possible (Temporary Fixed Term)
Poole Grade D £18,531-£19,569 (pro-rata)
We are looking for enthusiastic Teaching Assistants with experience of working on a 1to1 basis with a child with additional needs. Early Years experience would be an advantage as would the training and experience in supporting children with ASD. The successful candidates will need to support and implement the strategies as recommended by Speech and Language Therapists, allowing the child to progress with individualised targets, and to provide feedback and seek support where identified.
Hours of work will be 32.5 hours (total for both positions) Monday to Friday during our school day 8.45 a.m. to 3.15 p.m, term time plus training days. This role will be offered as two posts to the right candidates 8:45-12:00 and 12:00-3:15.
You will need to possess the following:
- Superb communication skills whilst maintaining confidentiality
- Be committed to the principles of equality of opportunity for all.
- To develop an understanding of and provide for pupils’ specific personal needs to ensure a safe learning environment.
- Ability to work on your own and to cooperate as a team player
- Have a committed flexible/ 'do what it takes' approach to work
- Be positive and passionate about working one-to-one
In return we will offer:
- Friendly and supportive staff
- Support from outside agencies
- The support and understanding of an Attachment Aware School
Visits to our school are normally welcomed, unfortunately we cannot offer this at present in order to protect our children but please browse our website to see how we operate or contact Amanda Hazell, PA to Headteacher, telephone 01202 676207 or email email@example.com for further information. Interviews will be held remotely due to the current social distancing guidance.
St Mary’s Catholic Primary School (part of Plymouth CAST) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children in our care and expects all staff to share this commitment. These posts are subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date: 28th November 2021 Interview date: to be confirmed
- Teaching Assistant for individual child with SEN_Job Description
- Teaching Assistant for individual child with SEN_Person Specification