Parents' Evening 2021
21st October 2021
Video Parent/Teacher consultations - Appointment Booking
We are inviting you to a virtual meeting with your child’s Teacher using SchoolCloud. The meeting will be in the form of a video call using the Parents’ Evening System which you use to make the appointment.
Meeting time slots will be available between Monday 8th November and Thursday 11th November. Slots will be available on two of these days for each class. Teacher availability is as follows:
F2M and F2O - Monday 8th and Wednesday 10th November
1E (Mrs Kernick/Mrs Wood) - Monday 8th and Wednesday 10th November
1L - Wednesday 10th and Thursday 11th November
2E and 2H - Monday 8th and Tuesday 9th November
3D - Tuesday 9th and Thursday 11th November
3S - Monday 8th and Wednesday 10th November
4H and 4W - Monday 8th and Tuesday 9th November
5L and 5W - Monday 8th and Wednesday 10th November
6D - Monday 8th and Tuesday 9th November
6L - Monday 8th and Wednesday 10th November
Open: Thursday 21st of October at 1pm Close: Friday 5th November at 1pm.
Click here to book your appointment
To login, you will be required to enter the following information:
Parent’s title (as previously provided to the school (ie Mr/Mrs/Dr/Miss/Ms)
Parent’s email address
Pupil’s Name and Date of Birth
A guide to video appointments with SchoolCloud can be viewed here.
If you find you need further support please contact the school office (firstname.lastname@example.org) after 1pm tomorrow and Friday or during the week we return to school after half term.
In order to make video calls you need to have as a minimum:
• a device with a microphone and speaker
• a compatible web browser: iPhone/iPad: Safari Android: Chrome or Firefox Windows: Chrome, Firefox or Microsoft Edge Mac: Safari, Chrome or Firefox Linux: Chrome or Firefox
We also recommend:
Logging on 5 minutes before your appointment to ensure you have access and your technology is working correctly.
• Using your smartphone for video appointments. If you don't have a smartphone with a front-facing camera, use a laptop or computer with a webcam.
• Using a headset (or earphones with a microphone) to reduce echo.
How to attend your appointments via video call
1. Log in and go to the Evening On the day of the video appointment, click the login link from the bottom of the email confirmation you will have received when you booked your appointment. Once logged in you will see a notice that you have upcoming video appointments and under this, the details of the event, along with a Join Video Appointments button. This will become available 60 minutes before your first appointment.
2. The Video Call screen When you click Join Video Appointments the video call screen will be displayed. You may at this point be asked if you wish to allow access to your camera/microphone, in which case please click yes. On this screen you can see the following:
• At the top left the teacher name (and subject details) for the current and next appointment
• At the top right a countdown to the start of the appointment.
• At the bottom the controls for the microphone and camera (once a teacher is available or you are in a call these also show a pick up and hang up button).
• In the middle, when your appointment is due to start, the Start Appointment button.
3. Making a call Click the Start Appointment button. You will see yourself in the bottom right corner of the screen (unless you have no camera, or have chosen to turn it off). If the teacher has not yet joined you will see a notice to that effect in the centre of the screen. When a teacher joins a call you will see them in the main part of the screen - or hear them, if they have no camera (or have turned it off) - and can start your discussion with them. You will also see the remaining time for the appointment counting down in the blue bar at the top of the screen. If you lose access to the system for some reason during the call, log in again and click Start Appointment on the video call screen. As long as the teacher is still in the call this will let you continue with the appointment (this is the same for the teacher if they lose their access). When the countdown in the blue bar stops the appointment time is over and the call will automatically end.
Note that if you or the teacher are late, or leave and rejoin the call, it does not reset the timer. The appointment will always end at the scheduled time.
4. Follow on calls If you have a consecutive appointment scheduled the screen will display a Start Next Appointment button. When you are ready to proceed, click on it
Note that if you delay starting a call it does not extend the duration for that appointment. The appointment will always end at the scheduled times. If you do not have a consecutive appointment, but you have not completed your final scheduled appointment you will see a countdown telling you how long until the start of your next appointment. Once your final appointment for the evening is complete you will see a message advising you of this.